Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Researcher Matt Janovic Misrepresents DC Madam "Suicide"

By Alex Constantine

Matt Janovic left this comment for me re the DC Madam: " ... This flawed contention of yours and of others has had the context stripped away: she made the comment regarding if she went to prison that she feared she would be murdered there. That's a logical fear for a woman in her line of work, but there's no evidence whatsoever that she was murdered, zero."

"No evidence" is a rhetorical trick often used by propagandists planted in the "mainstream" press. It's always a lie, of course ... I respect it now about as much as I respected NPR's Scott Simon when he claimed, "There's no evidence anyone by Oswald killed Kennedy" (how naive are we supposed to be?) ...

Palfrey's comment that she'd be silenced in prison explains her "suicide," Janovic is arguing, and refutes all who suspect that the said silencing occurred outside of prison. Case closed?

A token defense of my own "flawed argument":

" ... Palfrey would not have been sentenced till July and her mother said that she did not seem suicidal, so this seems like a strange time to off herself. ... " (Source: "How Would You Make a Murder Look Like a Suicide?" Wired, May 02, 2008)

Palfrey also stated flatly: "I do not plan on committing suicide."

Janovic doesn't find this a "context" for her death?

Janovic, a self-described researcher, already knows of this clear and concise statement and others that make mincemeat of the one he cites - made public specifically in the event she should be found dead and anyone should be deceived about the circumstances of her death - but he ignores it and selects another that only makes oblique reference to suicide, if at all.

She feared prison - this is proof of "suicide" and justification for condescending to me?

Palfrey's attorney, Montgomery Blair Sibley,, after the body was found: "Jeane was very clear with me that if she was ever found dead of an apparent suicide, I was to make sure that all the evidence was publicly disseminated so that it could be independently evaluated."

She wanted "all of the evidence disseminated" ... as I, an independent evaluator, have been doing ... "all" evidence as opposed to Janovic's "no evidence whatsoever."

Building Manager: DC Madam's Death Not Suicide, www.wesh.com/May 2, 2008

"The building manager of a Central Florida condo said he spent time talking to Deborah Jean Palfrey on Monday as she packed to go to her mother's house and she did not seem suicidal. ... Palfrey's death was not a suicide. ... "
http://www.wesh.com/news/16142638/detail.html

Off the cuff, I think Janovic is attempting to silence me with bogus arguments - he also cites as unimpeachable proof of "suicide" that she had stated, "They'll never take me alive." I interpret this to mean that she would fight to the death - could be wrong because I'm not a post mortem mind reader (neither is Janovic) - or bravado, possibly, but certainly not concrete "proof" of "suicide." I've uttered these words myself in my lifetime, and didn't mean suicide ...

Casual conclusion: Mr. Janovic's own arguments are as flawed as the Hindenburg, and however "flawed" I may be, I'm the one respecting Ms. Palfrey's wishes by examining "all of the evidence," and Mr. Janovic is a loudmouth schnook.

I'm no legal Roy Cohn or anything, but the DC Madam was not in a suicidal state of mind, twice-observed by witnesses close to her. "No evidence whatsoever" is too categorical, I spit. Damn the eyes of the flawed! ...

END OF PART ONE

PART TWO

No comments: