Sunday, August 30, 2009

Michael Jackson was Terrified of Dr. Tohme Tohme

Also see: "Michael Jackson, Dr. Tohme Tohme, Frank DiLeo, Colony Capital & Anschutz"

Michael Jackson: King of Pop was terrified of his manager
By Tiffany Warner
Examiner/August 27, 2009

Recent taped conversations of the late King of Pop, suggest Michael Jackson was afraid of his manager Dr. Tohme Tohme.

Jackson's former spiritual advisor June Gatlin reportedly taped conversations with the "Thriller" hitmaker, which he agreed upon, discussing his fear of Tohme Tohme.

"He was afraid of who this man is, afraid of whatever this man may be capable of doing... He had taken over Michael's complete life," Gatlin recently told press.

Taped in September 2008, the recordings are now in the possession of NBC News thanks to Gatlin. On the tapes, Jackson can be heard saying, "This guy, he just... has ways about him... There's a divide between me and my representatives and I don't talk to my lawyer, my accountant. I talk to him and he talks to them." He adds, "I don't like it. I wanna get somebody in there with him that I know and can trust. I don't know what's in my accounts."

Gatlin told NBC, "Michael said, 'He's mean, he's trying to keep me and separate me from everybody and everything that I love."

Although Michael did severe ties with Tohme Tohme in May (09), after learning he had threatened a California auction house over memorabilia items, Tohme Tohme spoke on behalf of the pop icon hours after he died on June 25, 2009.

In fact, Jackson even reportedly sent a letter to all of his business associates, in which he stated, "Dr. Tohme Tohme is no longer authorized to represent me." However, Dr. Tohme Tohme told NBC, "I'm still in charge of Michael Jackson's business until otherwise I am informed not to do so."

http://www.examiner.com/x-964-LA-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Michael-Jackson-King-of-Pop-was-afraid-of-his-manager

No comments: